Re: emacs -nw keypad, tpu-edt.el, and C-h

>> Can cygwin terminals be
>> configured so that emacs can tell the difference between the Backspace key
>> and "pressing h while holding down the control key"?
>
> "pressing h while holding down the control key" produces ^H (0x08).
> By default, this is also what backspace sends. ÂAs Andy says, many
> (all?) cygwin terminals can be set up to send ^? (0x7F) instead,
> leaving ^H to only be used by Ctrl+H

Yep. And here's how to change the backspace keycode in the various
Cygwin terminals:

rxvt: invoke with -backspacekey DEC
xterm: invoke with -xrm "*backarrowKey:false" (or untick "Backarrow
Key" in the "Main Options" menu)
mintty: Choose ^? as backspace keycode on the "Keys" page of the options

As far as I know, it can't be changed in the Cygwin console,
presumably because Windows sends ^H for backspace to applications
running in the console.

Could the default for the terminals be changed? Yes, easily, but only
at the cost of breaking any applications that always expect ^H for
Backspace.

Andy