RE: urxvt-X terminfo and Bash readline

Dan Moulding wrote:
> The other odd thing I noticed is that for some reason in Bash the
> readline functionality "horizontal-scroll-mode" defaults to "on" when
> running inside urxvt-X. Normally this should default to "off" (as per
> the Bash man page). When running Bash in an xterm window, it is set
> "off" by default as expected. I had to manually turn it off in
> .inputrc when using urxvt-X.
>
> Any comments are appreciated.

I had this a month or two back when I was testing a new mintty release,
I had updated "other stuff" at the same time.  I thought it was a
problem with mintty and had intended to report it, but I had to reboot
before I'd fully investigated it.  After rebooting, I was unable to
reproduce the problem.

Perhaps you just need to reboot too?

NB, I didn't get any warnings about in-use files, which is why I hadn't
already rebooted, so it's probably a more subtle issue than in-use DLLs.

Phil