Re: How to run GNU Emacs from Windows icon

On 6/5/2009 3:25 PM, David Karr wrote:
1. Send cygcheck output (as an attachment) as requested at
http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Attached.

Two things jump out at me. First, it's clear from the environment variables that you ran cygcheck from a shell within emacs. I don't think it matters in this case, but in general it's probably best not to do that, since you want to see the environment *before* starting emacs. Emacs changes some of the variables.

More importantly, I see this:

CYGWIN = 'check_case:strict tty'

I don't know whether this could be causing your problem, but the cygwin user's guide (http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html) says the following:

check_case:level - THIS OPTION IS DEPRECATED. Don't use it unless you know what you're doing and don't see any way around it. And even then, this option is error prone, slows down Cygwin and not well maintained.