Failed Dependencies: /bin/sh needed by <rpm-name>

I am encountering a strange error when I try and install rpm's on my system
using Cgywin.  I have wrote my .spec file and build the rpm fine in Cygwin
but when I try and install the rpm I just built I get the error:

Failed Dependencies: /bin/sh needed by <rpm-name>.rpm

It installs fine with the tag "--nodeps" but that is an iffy tag to be using
in RPMs that are being shipped to customers so I'd rather resolve this
dependency issue. After many fruitless hours searching google and only
coming up with Linux solutions the best I've found is that since RPM doesn't
have /bin/sh in its database I should reinstall bash from an RPM.  However I
can't find a Cygwin bash RPM anywhere, or at least one that is in anyway
recent (I'm assuming that "install bash from an rpm means get a .rpm file
that installs both rpm and bash, correct me if I'm wrong).  If anyone has
any idea how to do that or how to fix the error another way, I'm all ears.

Thank you very much,
Drew