Re: Problem with mintty-0.4.1-1 and orpie

> (TERM=xterm by default for me. I have no idea where that comes from.)

This is documented in the manual page for 'mintty':

TERM variable
The TERM variable for the child process is set to "xterm", so that proâ
grams that pay attention to it expect xterm keycodes and output xtermâ
compatible control sequences.

There is no documented way in mintty to change the TERM environment before
the shell is started. It may turn out to be necessary (some day?) for mintty to
provide some method for the shell to know whether it is running in a mintty
terminal or an xterm terminal.