Re: Network drive issue -- 'no such host or network path'

On Jun 30 09:55, Stephen Wilkinson wrote:
> I've noticed a subtle detail to the original problem -- as I said
> in my first post, I can't list the contents drive U which is mapped to a
> network
> share (and therefore I can't use tab completion to traverse folders, or
> synchronise folders with unison etc...). However I've noticed that tab
> completion *does* work if I am inside a subdirectory with only a few
> small
> files.
>
> I installed Cygwin 1.7 and I get exactly the same symptoms (i.e. can't
> list
> contents of anything but almost empty directories). I've listed the
> results at
> the bottom of this e-mail.

These are not very helpful to understand what's going on, unfortunately.

>From your Cygwin 1.7 installation, please run

  $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/u

and send the output to this list.  Additionally, please run

  $ strace -o lsu.trace ls -l /cygdrive/u

and attach the lsu.trace file to your mail.  Maybe that gives us a clue.

Corinna

Red Hat