Bash initialization w/cygwin-1.7

I am making the switch to 1.7. I started with a clean windows (nt4) environment and went through the usual run of setup-1.7 downloaded today.

All appears fine, but bash does not get initialized.

pwd is /usr/bin

path is not set

home directory is not created

These are all taken care of nicely for the user with cygwin 1.5

I think this is a bug unless I am missing something in the install process.

Please advise.

Jerry