Re: Full 1.7 Install -> "Insufficient disk space to repair security descriptor at index $SII for file 9"

Dave Korn wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>
>   This looks a _lot_ like http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327009:
> "Chkdsk Finds Incorrect Security IDs After You Restore or Copy a Lot of Data"

  BTW, that gives you a workaround: don't install it all in one go.  Download
it all to your local package dir the first time you run setup.  Then run it
again and just install the default packages from your local package dir.  Then
run it again a few times, and add more bits and pieces in a few more passes,
watching out to not install too much in one go; probably better add X11 in a
run all by itself.

    cheers,
      DaveK