Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] New package: dash-0.5.5.1-1

Eric Blake wrote:
So for now, there are no plans of replacing /bin/sh with dash.

Incidentally, I copy ash.exe over to sh.exe every time for performance. AFAICT, /bin/sh defaulted to bash (from ash) back in the bash 3.0 series to be more "similar to Linux distributions". It took me quite some head scratching at the time to determine why my "make clean" would take ~2 times slower.

Changing /bin/sh to dash of course else will now probably cause the headaches that Ubuntu users have experienced leading to proposals to change /bin/sh back to bash:
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/2225/

-Edward