Re: ls and wildcards

Am 14.07.2009, 17:47 Uhr, schrieb Christopher Faylor
<cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@cygwin.com>:

Btw, some versions of cmd.exe don't work well with executables which lack
extensions.  I just ran into this problem recently.  I don't remember
exactly where, probably it was with NT 4.

Perhaps Cygwin 1.7 should do away with NT compatibility and require Win2k.

While NT is much closer to the pack than the DOS 7 video game that Win
9X/ME used to be, NT4 has been out of extended support for five years now.
While Cygwin certainly doesn't want to bully people into upgrading their
costly M$ installations, I think it's useful to do that if it saves work
the Cygwin maintainers.

--
Matthias Andree