Re: perl threads on 2008 R2 64bit = crash ( was: perl 5.10 threads on 1.5.25 = instant crash )

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> So this exception handler is installed as part of the Perl threads DLL
> initialization.  But appanrelty the address is not valid anymore when
> leaving the DLL initialization.

> Is it possible that we have to remove the exception handler before
> dll_dllcrt0_1 returns?

  I wouldn't think so.  I would guess this is an utterly bogus bit of code in
Perl, the equivalent of returning the address-of a stack auto variable when
you return from the function in whose scope it's allocated, and needs tracking
down in the upstream sources.  It should unlink its exception registration
before it returns.

    cheers,
      DaveK