Re: gcc-3 problem when compiling

Thomas Steinbach wrote:

  Hi Thomas, glad to hear you got your install working again.  We'll probably
never know quite what happened there, but with any luck you'll never need to.

> btw: In my old (gcc3) makefile I used -mno-cygwin within the
> LDFLAGS to compile real native win32 executables, but what
> do I have to pass to the compiler/linker to compile with gcc4.x to
> get real native win executables?
> Don't find correspondending switches. Without -mno-cygwin the
> compilation works with gcc4 too, but needs the cygwin1.dll

  Right; the -mno-cygwin feature in GCC-3 was a bit of a hack that
more-or-less turned the compiler into a cross-compiler for MinGW.  That
feature never worked entirely correctly - IIRC there were still some cygwin
headers or libs in the default search paths that could have caused problems -
and in GCC-4 the option has been removed.  We'll be shipping a specific GCC-4
MinGW cross-compiler later this summer, in the meantime you need to stick with
GCC-3 for MinGW cross-compilation.

    cheers,
      DaveK