Re: How to activate new fstab mount points under 1.7?

On Jul 16 10:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 15 22:29, Steven Hartland wrote:
> >
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Faylor"
> >>
> >> Overlooked == not implemented.
> >
> > ;-)
> >
> > Something that's planned?
>
> Not yet.  I added it to my TODO list but don't hold your breath for now.

I implemented `mount <posixpath>' as well as `mount -a' to read the
mount points from the fstab files and add either just the mount point
for the given posix path, or all the missing ones.

It's in the latest snapshot: http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Here's the documentation snippet, which is yet missing in the User's
Guide on cygwin.com:

  If you added mount points to /etc/fstab or your
  /etc/fstab.d/<username> file, you can add these mount points to your
  current user session using the -a/--all option, or by specifing the
  posix path alone on the command line.  As an example, consider you
  added a mount point with the POSIX path /my/mount.  You can add this
  mount point with either one of the following two commands to your
  current user session.

  $ mount /my/mount
  $ mount -a

  The first command just adds the /my/mount mount point to your current
  session, the mount -a adds all new mount points to your user session.

  If you change a mount point to point to another native path, or if you
  changed the flags of a mount point, you have to umount the mount point
  first, before you can add it again.  Please note that all such added
  mount points are added as user mount points, and that the rule that
  system mount points can't be removed or replaced in a running session
  still applies.

HTH,
Corinna

Red Hat