Re: 1.7.0-51: Problem using ssh public/private key authentication

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:49, Michael H.<> wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 16 12:20, Michael H. wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> When I am using cygwin 1.5 both the public/private key and the
>>> keyboard authentication with ssh work without problems. On 1.7
>>> keyboard authentication also works but public/private key
>>> authentication produces following error on the machine which I use to
>>> connect to the server (client is Linux - server is Windows XP SP3 /
>>> Cygwin):
>>>
>>> 4 [main] -bash 3392 C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't
>>> dynamically determine load address for 'WSAGetLastError' (handle
>>> 0xFFFFFFFF), Win32 error 126
>>> Connection to xx.xx.xx.xx closed.

I suspect of configuration / permissions problems...
Are you setting up some kind of chroot?
Also, is there any output on the /var/log/sshd.log file?

>> Weird. ÂWorks fine for me.

me too.

> Is it possible that there is anything wrong in the steps I have done to
> setup the host (listed in my first post)?

At the first sight, no. But it's not clear if you are using the
vanilla standard config files.
If you did some change, it could be important to share with us.

You can also try to run sshd "by-hand" to show us some verbose info:
cygrunsrv -E sshd
/usr/sbin/sshd -ddde

Then you can try to connect to your PC and see if the generated output
gives you any clue.
NOTE: It's possible that the problem doesn't show up in this debugging
mode. You will be running the sshd deamon as yourself, not as the
SYSTEM account.