Re: Lightweight, Windows-friendly Installation of Cygwin

Larry Hall (Cygwin <reply-to-list-only-lh <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> On 07/26/2009 11:37 PM, Jim Monty wrote:
> > Dave Korn<dave.korn.cygwin<at>  googlemail.com>  writes:

> > Windows

> > type f
> >>
> >>    You want MinGW.  It's over thataway -->>     http://mingw.org/
> >
> > Perfect. Thanks!
> >
> > (Is this David Korn of Korn shell fame?)
>
> Our "David Korn" is "Dave Korn" - no relation.  We like him anyway.
>
> Are you any relation to Monty Python?

Why, yes, I am! I'm its ex officio son by dint of having had to endure Monty
Python wisecracks for no less than three quarters of my 48 years. I'm related
to Monty Hall and the Del Monte food company, as well.

In more recent years, I was adopted by The Full Monty.

(Do you know what a "monty" is in hacker jargon? Check it out in the Jargon
File.)

Jim Monty