Re: Odd directory created when installing 1.7

> >   DEVDIR="$(cygpath -au "C:/$(cygpath -am /dev/)" | sed
> 's|/c/\(.\):/|/\1/|')"
> >   mkdir -p "$DEVDIR" || result=1
>
> Hmm, this looks kind of fragile.  Not to say it looks wrong.
>
> $ cygpath -am /dev/
> C:/cygwin/dev
>
> Ok.
>
> $ echo "C:/$(cygpath -am /dev/)"
> C:/C:/cygwin/dev

I didn't invent this, but borrowed the idea from the old mkdev script
(did Igor write that?).  But there is certainly the possibility
that it can be made more robust, especially in the face of 1.7
mount changes.  I'll have to take a look at it in depth when I
get a chance (won't be for two more weeks; right now I'm on vacation
with only limited email access).

--
Eric Blake