Re: Please test the latest snapshot!

On Aug  6 13:04, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 12:45:31PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >>FWIW, if I change the send/recv buffer sizes back to 65536 in fdsock,
> >>it still works for me, every time I try it.  I tried on XP SP3,
> >>Server 2008, and Windows 7.
> >>
> >>Is it possible that this is actually a BLODA problem?
> >
> >I was, until yesterday, using the McAffee virus checker.  I'll try it again
> >with that turned off.

IIRC from reports on this list, it might not be sufficient to disable
it, rather you would have to deinstall it.  There's probably some
serious Windows DLL hooking going on.

> If I set the buffer size up to 65536 it still fails.  If I set it down
> it still succeeds.  FWIW, my previous tests were with Windows XP SP2.
> Given that Eric is still reporting problems, I guess it could still be
> BLODA though.

Is there a chance this is a XP problem which has been fixed with XP SP3?
Additionally to XP SP3, 2008, and Windows 7, I now tried with Windows
2000 and it still works for me.

Corinna

Red Hat