Re: Issue with the titlebar

* Kilian Krockauer (Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:58:08 +0200)
> I have quite a disturbing task my colleque gave to me.
> He uses CygWin

Cygwin

> and has up to 10 Windows opened,

Sounds like your colleague needs a serious clue injection. Ever heard of
the recent (recent like in "more than a decade ago") invention of
"tabs".

> now he's getting tired of looking through every single Window when he
searches for a specific one. To be exact, he uses ssh to connect to our
servers and wants the titlebar to show which server that specific window
is logged on to.

> Is that even possible? I've gone through the web and found nothing
helpful. I know that you can let the titlebar show a process name, the
full path and i guess even the Hostname, because it is a variable, but
everything i tried did not show the Hostname of the server he logs on
to.

Do yourself a favour. Forget about all that. That is obsolete for years.
Use a terminal emulator that uses tabs and tab bookmarks and tab titles
like Console or Take Command.

Thorsten