Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: run-1.1.11-1

On Aug 14 11:43, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 05:29:04PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >> Isn't just creating the process with SW_HIDE good enough?
> >
> >run uses the SW_HIDE flag in CreateProcess, but for some reason
> >it doesn't help for urxvt.
>
> I know I should be downloading sources and inspecting things rather than
> making obvious suggestions but I don't suppose that urxvt calls
> FreeConsole?

I don't know.  I would have to download sources and inspecting things...

Actually, what I told above is nonsense anyway.  What I saw was the
flickering cmd window from a urxvt-X startup without run.  With run it
doesn't start at all for me on W7, unless I start it from an existing
console window.  And in that case it doesn't matter if the
CREATE_NO_WINDOW flag is given or not, it always takes 100% CPU.  So,
scratch that, it's no solution at all.

I have no idea why urxvt-X doesn't start from my shortcut, which
simply contains:

  C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe urxvt-X -display 127.0.0.1:0.0 -ls

It sounds a lot as if I need a couple of hours refreshing...

Corinna

Red Hat