Re: cygstart not searching $PATH

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

> At one point I seem to remember cygstart would search the $PATH
> variable for an application?

It absolutely did and was helpful with one or two problematic
Windows apps. These problematic apps, that were helped by the
non-standard use of 'cygstart', typically operate on a directory
rather than file argument, and require startup in a directory
different than the argument (to load one or more DLLs), if I
remember correctly. I remember that finding that solution took a
significant amount of trial and error.

> This doesn't work
> anymore, is this by design?

As you say, it no longer works and I am am unable to start these
problematic apps from a Windows command line, as a consequence.

> Chris

Lee