Changing HOME for PERL

Hello,

I installed Cygwin yesterday and when I run it and look at "pwd" my path
is set to:   /cygdrive/h

I read the FAQ and when I type "set HOME" from a Windows CLI, it is set
to:
HOME=H:\

I am using Cygwin for PERL.

I just took a PERL course and in class Cygwin was configured for:
/usr/bin/perl

This was perfect because I could make my SheBang look like:
#!/usr/bin/perl

I would like to do that again with the Cygwin I installed myself
yesterday.

I did modify /etc/passwd.
The last line had: 	...:/cygdrive/h:/bin/bash
and I changed it to:	...:/usr/bin/perl:/bin/bash

But when I open a new Cygwin session it remembers the old /cygdrive/h

Could someone help me?  I don't want to have to change my SheBang
everytime I deploy a PERL script to Unix after having created it in
Cygwin on Windows.

Thank you,

Michael J. Dexter