Re: [1.7] On the problems of git and rsync

Indeed, there are other applications that have failed for me, e.g. cvs.
The problem occurs for all applications that perform a dup on a IPv4 network socket.
My system is not running any AV or firewalling software and I have even booted the system in diagnostic mode (F8) with networking, without any applications started, and it still fails.
The filehandle returned from dup is simply not usable, just closing the file descriptor fails, without ever writing any data in the application to that socket or the original socket that got dup'ed. Operation on the original socket seems always successful.
For now, my remedy is to use IPv6 if possible, but that doesn't go very far. I have no problems with IPv6 sockets. My system is WinXPpro/SP2. Cygwin 1.5 is still working fine on IPv4.
Cheers too, Karl

Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Perhaps the following can be useful for others...

Referring to [1], I encounter similar problems with git, i.e. it hangs on Cygwin-1.7.

These problems, of rsync and git, are solved adding them to the exclusions of NOD32.

Cheers, Angelo.

---
[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-08/msg00531.html