Re: Changing HOME for PERL

Dexter_Michael@emc.com wrote:
> It seems my Cygwin has attached itself to the PERL on my C drive and not
> the cygwin Perl.   How do I change that?  Also debugger seemed to work
> too.
>
> dextem@USENDEXTEML1C /usr/bin
> $ which perl
> /cygdrive/c/PERL/BIN/perl
>
> dextem@USENDEXTEML1C /usr/bin
> $ which Perl
> /cygdrive/c/PERL/BIN/Perl

You have C:\PERL\BIN in your PATH environment variable before /usr/bin.
 Run the following in your Cygwin shell:

echo $PATH

You will likely see something like the following:

/cygdrive/c/PERL/BIN:/usr/bin:/bin:(and so on)

When running perl as "perl" in your shell, the shell searches each
directory in the list from left to right for an executable file named
perl (or perl.exe under Cygwin).  However, none of that will affect your
scripts because they are specifically calling out for using
/usr/bin/perl.  In order to run Andrew's test with the Cygwin-based
Perl, do the following:

/usr/bin/perl -de 1

-Jeremy