Re: Cygwin, symlinks, and wine

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 01:31:11AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 09:52:26PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
>>Although it seems strange to run cygwin on top of wine, doing so would
>>make it possible to run a lot of build scripts for windows apps
>>unchanged, which would be very handy in verifying that wine works
>>properly (see http://wiki.winehq.org/UnitTestSuites ).
>>
>>The problem is, wine doesn't support the system attribute on files
>>well.
>
>The system attribute isn't needed for the .lnk type of symlink that
>you're talking about.  The file just has to be read-only.  So something
>else is wrong.

Ah, sorry.  I take that back.  I didn't read the whole bug report.

These *are* the system-style symlinks, probably created by setup.exe.
Changing them to .lnk type should fix that problem.  Why not just write
some sort of converter script to do that?

Regardless, the comment about a patch still holds despite the code
offered in the wine bug report.

cgf