Re: 1.7: cygdrive files readonly by default

Is there a setting or issue that would result in all externally
generated files in an NTFS filesystem to have 000 permissions?  New
files created in the shell appear to have the correct mask.  However,
I need to chmod every external file I want to modify.

Also, is it intended for my user account to have its primary group be 'None'?

I am using cygwin 1.7 on Windows 7 Ultimate.  Should I be running in
compatibility mode?  Should I install as administrator?