Re: Reading what should not!

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Angelo Graziosi  wrote:
> I do not have Fedora but Kubuntu (8.04 and 9.04). On Kubuntu the user
> created in the installation step, say 'pippo', is also 'root' in the sense
> that 'pippo' needs 'sudo' (or 'sudo su') for administrative usage.

OK, then, big difference. 'pippo' is not root, pippo is able to do
things as root when needed.  Administrative users on Windows are
treated as equivalent to root by Cygwin.

If you're saying that admin users should have to use sudo or
equivalent to gain elevated access in Cygwin, then that's a feature
request.  Does it match what Windows does?  Outside of UAC in Vista
I'm unaware of Administrators having to do anything to activate their
privileges.

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed@gmail.com>