non-BMP character width

Hi,
I see one small remaining glitch with Unicode display; non-BMP characters
(those with Unicode value > 0xFFFF) are displayed as two boxes.
The reason is probably related to their representation as two
surrogates at some point.
I do not expect to have visible display of non-BMP in the cygwin
console, esp. as the two available console fonts, Raster and Lucida,
don't support them anyway. But they should at least have the proper
width, i.e. one box instead of two.

Kink regards,
Thomas