Fw: Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

Dave,

  I checked that readme file. Um, I am not sure what it is telling me, it is not really laid out step by step. I think it would be more useful if I read it from the bottom to the top. But still, I THINK I did everything it suggested. I had run ssh-host-config before, today I ran ssh-user-config and made SYSTEM the owner of /var/empty and checked the permissions on the sshd_server account (the host-config script had set them correctly, I didn't have to do anything to the account privileges).
After that, I did this:
$ ssh localhost -l test
  So, at least that is different. the sshd.log file in /var/log is still empty, so I don't know how to interpret this result.

  Also, every time I log in to the bash shell, I get this:
Your group is currently "mkgroup".  This indicates that
the /etc/group (and possibly /etc/passwd) files should be rebuilt.
See the man pages for mkpasswd and mkgroup then, for example, run
mkpasswd -l [-d] > /etc/passwd
mkgroup  -l [-d] > /etc/group
Note that the -d switch is necessary for domain users.
  I have run:
mkpasswd -l  > /etc/passwd
mkgroup  -l > /etc/group
  Both successfully (in that order) and the contents of those files "look" right, but I still keep getting that message. I don't know if this is related or not.

  I hope this helps troubleshoot this issue, I am really lost and just trying to help get this resolved.
Dave M