Re: 'gm convert' in 1.5 and 1.7

Dave Korn wrote:
Half a megabyte times thousands
of list users only one or two of whom may actually want it == lots of waste.

Really

$ du -s test.jpg.bz2
336K    test.jpg.bz2

That was the simplest JPG I had at hand. Probably, I should have put a link to some other JPG. Sorry, I will consider this next time. Sorry!

it's probably down to an autoconf test disabling the feature based
on the libs installed on the maintainer's build machine.

In any case, if you are just curious, you can verify your hypothesis converting to PDF a JPG: but you need at least GM installed.

I have tried to compare the two PDF, but I do not see any clear indication.

Thanks, Angelo.