Re: Thread related crash

Charles Wilson wrote:

> I have an idea why this is happening: I'm managing these threads
> manually using the windows API calls: CreateThread, WaitForSingleObject,
> SetEvent, etc. They are NOT actually started by cygwin's thread
> launching facilities (e.g. pthread).

  Then you are doomed.  Cygwin's pthread layer will believe that every single
foreign thread is in fact the same thread, and they will all crash happily
through each other's mutexes.  Fun'n'games result.  (This is the same kind of
problem that the half-ming-half-cyg gnat implementation suffers.)

    cheers,
      DaveK