Re: Quantum LTO 4 tape drive and Cygwin 1.7?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Oct 21 17:51, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Oct 21 10:19, Jeffrey C. Smith wrote:
Also, this is Windows 2008 R2. I'm told that 2008 R2 and Win 7 share the same code base. Is 2008 R2 an officially supported platform for 1.7?
It's supposed to be, though right at the moment I haven't installed
a 2K8 R2 test system, just a W7 x64 system.  I'll check that again
in the next couple of days, but the tape ID you have on your system is
not ok.  I'd suggest to deinstall the driver, switch off the machine
and reboot.  Maybe the next time the tape drive gets a more sensible
ID.  If it sticks to this weird ID, I'd file an SRQ at Microsoft.

I installed a 2K8 R2 and attached a tape drive. It got the tape ID 0, as expected. Something certainly isn't ok on your machine.

As you suggested, I removed the driver, updated the firmware, rebooted, and reloaded the driver - no change. Something is definitely wrong with the Win2K box. I've logged a bug with Quantum. We'll see what they say.

Thanks much for your help...

Jeff