Re: Cygwin Vista svn problem STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

On 10/28/2009 12:07 PM, Mark MacVicar wrote:
I recently upgraded from XP to Vista and started having problems with
svn (aka subversion). \cygwin\bin\svn.exe works when run from a cygwin
bash terminal but not from a Windows cmd prompt (not required, but
handy to be able to run svn from a cmd prompt when working with visual
studio, so that runtime dependencies are set up properly).

C:\svn>\Cygwin\bin\svn checkout https://subversion/trunk/MYDIR tmp
       3 [main] svn 3324 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
     863 [main] svn 3324 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
svn.exe.stackdump

I've tried reinstalling CYGWIN from scratch twice, deleting all
cygwin1.dlls, and searching for a solution on the internet, cygwin faq
and cygwin mail archives, so far no luck.

At least one other application, curl.exe, had problems too (not the
same problem, it would just crash), but reinstalling cygwin seemed to
fix that one.

Had anyone else run into this?

People must be using cygwin on Vista successfully.

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/WJFFM>, at least with Cygwin 1.7 <http://cygwin.com/#beta-test>.

Holliston, MA 01746