Re: 1.7] BUG - GREP slows to a crawl with large number of matches on a single file

I wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I extended your test program to demonstrate the inefficiency of the standard mbrtowc function. Instead I use a function from my editor (mined) to extract a Unicode character from a UTF-8 sequence. This is the simple case only, not converting character sets other than UTF-8 but that's the same thing mbrtowc does in the sample invocation. Program attached. Results below.
Actually, there was a bug in the test program, wc not being an array, which led to variable corruption and thus incorrect test results in my extension.
Sorry for my embarrassing mistake to overlook this.
Anyway, corrected results are still by a factor of 3 to 4 in favor of my algorithm.
Thomas