Re: Use of Dual Core causes random failures building OpenJDK

On 11/19/2009 10:49 PM, Pete Brunet wrote:
---
Pete Brunet wrote:
I've been trying to build OpenJDK for several weeks now and have never
been able to get to the end of the build because of random failures.
Last night I had a hunch to turn off one of the cores in BIOS and after
doing that the problems have gone away.  My system is a Lenovo T500,
Model 2081-CTO, with an Intel Core2 Duo P8700 at 2.53 GHz and 2 GB of
RAM running XP Pro SP3.  The latest updates have been applied to the
Lenovo system and to XP.  Some examples of failures:
- empty environment variables
- invalid environment variables
- files not found (possibly related to corrupted environment variables)
This problem went away by disabling Norton 360.

Wow! I had a hunch that BLODA could be the cause of the file related problems
but it never occurred to me that it could be screwing up environment variables too.
Norton is really bad news...

Holliston, MA 01746