Re: Problem with bash script running under NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Almo wrote:
Hi!

I'm using cygwin and this command in a function works when I'm logged in as
me:

gzip -f ./$1.sql 2>> error.log

so it zips hyperquest_v2.sql as the argument I send it is "hyperquest_v2".

When this is run from NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM as a scheduled task, I get an
error. So I put in some debug output: (I also have to specify where gzip.exe
is so that account can find it, hence the "/usr/bin/" part)

echo "/usr/bin/gzip -f ./$1.sql 2>> error.log" >> error.log
usr/bin/gzip -f ./$1.sql 2>> error.log

The output I get is:

hyperquest_v2.sql
/usr/bin/gzip -f ./hyperquest_v2.sql 2>> error.log
usr/bin/gzip: No such file or directory

Could it be that the current working directory (.) in this scenario is not the one you think it is? It may be some random place that the scheduled task is using ... Maybe echo $PWD to see?

Regards -- Eliot Moss