Re: General questions about upgrading to 1.7

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 07:46:27AM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
> Personally, I'd just back that directory *and* all the Cygwin
> registry sub-trees up and go ahead with the upgrade-in-place.
> Parallel Cygwin installs work, but there are annoyances.

I think I'll go this way.

> Given your evident conservatism (XP SP3), I hope you have a concrete
> reason for upgrading Cygwin.  If not, there's apparently a
> philosophical mismatch somewhere.

Not really. I'm literally forced to use XP at work, because that is the
OS installed in the box they gave me. They also gave me no permission
to replace it. And there are some nasty apps served through CITRIX I
must use. So I wear my CYGWIN because I interact with IBM/AIX machines,
plus several lenny and RHEL boxes; I myself am a Debian user; and last
but not least WIUWI. Can't imagine a day at work without screen,
multitail, bash scripting power, lighttpd and all the other clothing.
I'd be naked.

"Without CYGWIN, mismatch there would be." Jedi Master Yoda.

Dawud.