Re: [1.7] problems with compiling geos

So, now, i can rebase the system and my thirdparty dll (from a file).

Not all was fine at first. But at least one GEOS test passed now so i was half
happy.
Indeed, after the rebase sshd has really strange behaviour that make it unusable.
To explain the full context, i have a non sufficient privilegied user to start
services.
My procedure to launch it is:
* In my setup, i have an host somewhere that i connect to with RDP.
* On the host rdesktop screen, i open a new cygwin shell
* This host is not totally open to the world, so i make a reverse tunnel going
to my box with port 'xxxx'.
* On this host, i launch sshd by hand with '/usr/sbin/sshd -D'
* Then, on my box, i issue a 'ssh -l user@localhost -pxxxx'
* My local shell is then stalled
* But it seems the shell spawns on the server side (rdesktop window) as i see in
the 'cygwin shell', "Last login...," and the prompt.

- Another strange problem is with subversion on the rdesktop shell:
$ svn st
     20 [main] svn 1168 E:\cygwin2\bin\svn.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base
mismatch detected - 0x6120C6E0/0x68C6E0.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.

There are no cygwin1.dll out there else.

So, i tried that:
* Backup /bin /usr/bin /usr/sbin before rebasing
* cat thirdpartydlllist | rebaseall -v -T -
* restore bin /usr/bin /usr/sbin, so only rebased will be my thirdparty dll out
there.

And, it seems to work, at least the faulting programs, (sshd, svn) work, and my
current geos test pass.

So, i'm going to double-check the system in the whole (like executing complete
geos tests set, now).
And see if my thirdparty libs are in good shape, (basicly reinstalling all my
python modules that need compilation will be an enought relevant test)

I ll keep the thread updated when i have more information.

--
Cordialement,
KiOrKY