Re: rsync - convert illegal characters in paths

2009/12/16 chaos215bar2:
> I knew Cygwin 1.7 supported unicode, but I didn't realize it also converted
> illegal characters in filenames. I have been using rsync from DeltaCopy, but
> I switched to cwRsync, since it uses Cygwin 1.7. Everything is working great
> now.

Good. But why don't you use Cygwin's rsync package? cwRsync ships its
own copy of the cygwin.dll, which invites interoperability problems
with standard Cygwin programs. Fine if you don't actually use Cygwin,
not so much otherwise.

Either way, cwRsync is not supported on this mailing list. (Nor is any
other software that isn't shipped with the Cygwin distro.)

Andy