need workaround for backspace change in 1.7

For a variety of reasons, I need a way to switch the character sent by the Console Window Backspace key from ASCII \177 to ASCII \008 (that is, make the backspace key send the ASCII backspace character like it did in older cygwin versions).

I thought of using dumpkeys/loadkeys, but I can't find those tools in any Cygwin package. Is there some way to make the Backspace key send the backspace character again?

Thanks