Re: New 1.7 release setup does not run on WinNT

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 09:20:11AM -0800, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
Jerry DeLisle wrote:
Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 07:57:37AM -0800, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
I have been using the 1.7 beta without any issues up until the official release. I try to run 1.7.1 setup and nothing happens, it just exits without even opening a window.

Trying to run the previous version of setup works until it encounters setup.ini which no longer matches the version.

Any suggestions?
We need more details. What is "WinNT"? NT 3.5? NT 4.0? Windows 2000?

NT 4.0 Workstation.

Jerry
I am going to try a completely fresh install. I have nothing to lose.

Hold off. I'm fixing setup.exe now.

(But I have to wonder how a completely fresh install is going to work if you
can't run setup.exe)

To make sure there was not something else I did stupid like trash permissions or have a duplicate dll file in there. However, if you have already discovered the problem, I will hold off.

Jerry