Re: Using cygwin headers/libraries in MS compiled programs

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 03:28:48PM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>Neil Mowbray wrote:
>>Apologies for the dumb question and please re-direct if there is a
>>better forum.
>
>Not a dumb question, but in fact a rather subtle and tricky one.

I don't think it's really that subtle.  It just boils down to "We really
don't support it".  You can play tricks to sort of dynamically load
cygwin but there are no guarantees that it will work.  You could also
probably play tricks to load the dll normally on the command line but
it certainly is not a goal to do that.

The Cygwin DLL is meant to be run from a gcc-compiled program.  That
assumption is really rather core to the whole project.

cgf