find utils (updatedb) crashes on invalid win symlink

Some time ago, my daily updatedb stopped working and I just got around to figuring out why -- it was dying with (I wish I had the message,
but I lost it) an internal error in 'find' which would then exit and
updatedb would overwrite the old file with a new empty file.

But the place where it died was where, in the root dir, I had a symlinkD
pointing to a no-longer existing drive.

Used to have a network drive L:, in order for updatedb to index it (reliably), I created a windows symlink to it in root: "l <==> L:". Later the network drive
was no longer needed at L and was removed, but the symlink was left behind.

find really didn't like that dangling symlink.  Removed it (using windows, as
cygwin doesn't seem able to remove symlinkD's).  I think that thought
cygwin understands windows symlinks as symlinks, it doesn't 'grok' the 'symlinkD'
type links to directories (that explorer 'needs' to see them as a directory).

I'm not sure, but I think symlinkD's are real directories with a file in them
that points to the target.

-linda