Re: 1.7.1 hangs on 000-cygwin-post-install.sh

I too experienced the same problem.
The fix for me was this...

I have a newer Dell machine. The hardware encryption API DLL
(wxvault.dll) interferes with many Cygwin packages.
This can be fixed stopping this DLL from loading at startup.
(use Autoruns from Microsoft Sysinternals at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals)

I can't take credit for this, as it was my co-workers in Sweden who
found the fix, but I though there are many here who might benefit!

Regards
-David S