Re: Please support CP932. (I have problem using subversion with SJIS)

>>> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:23:58 +0100
>>> Corinna Vinschen said:

> The Unix consensus is apparently EUC-JP and that's what Cygwin 1.7.2
> will use as default as well.  If you want UTF-8, just use "ja_JP.UTF-8".

To change the default codeset of ja_JP to eucJP is ridiculous.
Any users of Japanese version of Windows don't use eucJP as
typical euncoding scheme. It will cause unnecessary confusion.

There is no difference between SJIS and eucJP on Cygwin command
line for the sake of the implementation of i18n API. If there is
any difference, we should correct it. To change the default to
eucJP isn't adequate.

Regards,
--
Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@acm.org>