setup.exe messing with file permissions on downloads folder

Greetings, cygwin@cygwin.com.

I have cygwin storage directory on network share, and it was not an issue for
a years.
Today, when I attempted an update, it warned me that next major release is
pushed and I probably want to review changes. I did that, haven't spotted
anything potentially destructive, and ... tried to... proceed with upgrade.
It ended rather quickly, when setup.exe was started creating directories it
was unable to write to.
Default permissions on disk, where network share located) is set to
SYSTEM = full
Administrators = full
Everyone = R&X
Owner = Administrators
All permissions is inherited from the drive root.
When I attempt to write files/create directories at that location by normal
means (Explorer, notepad etc.), it all works without an issue.
But cygwin setup... It trying to add local user SID to remote file
permissions... and add OWNER-related rights to it.
How it is supposed to work, anyway? I don't have Windows domain at home...
There's an example screenshot, drive perms at left, one of cygwin dirs at
right.
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4735/cygwininsaneperms.gif
Worst case is that i'm a member of Administrators group, and I'm unable to
deny it (in fact - myself) messing with permissions...

--
WBR, Andrey Repin mailto:anrdaemon@freemail.ru 27.01.2010 17:30

Sorry for my terrible english...