Re: Wrong setup.exe on http://www.cygwin.com/

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 10:27:31AM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
>On 2/9/2010 9:49 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>with the possible exception of updating the web site to allow hints
>>that setup.exe shouldn't be cached
>
>In the PTC spirit:
>
>     <IfModule mod_expires.c>
>         ExpiresActive On
>
>         <FilesMatch "\.exe$">
>             ExpiresDefault "now"
>         </FilesMatch>
>     </IfModule>

Thanks Warren.  I appreciate the PTC.  This was already suggested here:

I've implemented that suggestion.  Now, in theory, all of the proxies
out there will not cache setup.exe.  That should reduce cygwin mailing
list traffic at the expense of network traffic on cygwin.com and on the
networks that the proxies serve.  I guess that's a good enough compromise
although I suspect that we'll still hear from misconfigured proxies.

Thanks to Steven for the original suggestion.

cgf