Re: emacs stalls using 100% CPU

On 2/9/2010 2:49 PM, Rockefeller, Harry wrote:
Intermittent problem.  It's happening more often again.
NEW info, when top is run the memory columns (VIRT RES and SHR) data toggles
Back and forth for COMMAND "emacs-X11" and "XWin".  See attached top log.
The situation is recoverable with kill -9 of emacs-X11 process.

I think this report probably belongs on the cygwin-xfree list. But I doubt if anyone there will be able to help you unless you can provide more information (which may be difficult with an intermittent problem). It would be best if you could find a sequence of steps that reliably produces the problem. And the first step (after starting the X server) should be to run emacs with the -Q option in order to eliminate the influence of your emacs init files and your X resources.

Ken