Re: Creating a separate console window via CreateProcess

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 04:42:39PM -0500, turbowells@maine.rr.com wrote:
>I am building a application using the latest tools available via the cygwin
>setup program.  The application is supposed to open a separate DOS console
>window, but all processing seems to occur within the context of the DOS console
>window where I execute the program.
>
>I have cut the program down to the code that just does the process creation.  I
>would want the following program to open a separate DOS window to ask me for a
>password for the rexec command.
>
>I built the test program with: gcc -mno-cygwin  creprc.c -o creprc
>
>Could someone help me understand what I am doing wrong?

You're asking the Cygwin list for help.  The whole point of Cygwin is to
avoid using the windows api.

However, to answer your specific question, possibly all you need is a
FreeConsole() in there somewhere.

If that doesn't help then please find a windows forum for your question
since it is off-topic here.

cgf