Re: mintty - char encoding problems

On 19 February 2010 21:00, Andy Koppe <andy.koppe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 February 2010 19:39, David BalaÅic:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have few days old setup of cygwin on WinXP.
>> I also installed mintty.
>>
>> I worked fine on one user account, which is a member of the
>> Administrators group.
>>
>> Today I started mintty under another, not admin, user, and got this:
>>
>> ÃÂ./.bashrcÃÂ -> ÃÂ/home/work//.bashrcÃÂ
>> ÃÂ./.bash_profileÃÂ -> ÃÂ/home/work//.bash_profileÃÂ
>> ÃÂ./.inputrcÃÂ -> ÃÂ/home/work//.inputrcÃÂ
>>
>> I also can not type certain non-ascii chars, that worked fine in the
>> first user, like ÄÅÅ.
>> Now they appear on the bach command line as c ( Å and Å don't appear at all).
>>
>> Any idea what is wrong?
>
> A mismatch of Cygwin's charset and mintty's charset, probably. What
> versions of Cygwin and mintty are you using? What are the values of
> LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE and LANG? Is anything set in the Charset (or
> Codepage) field on the Text pane of mintty's options?

 Cygwin DLL version info:
        DLL version: 1.7.1
mintty               0.5.7-1

$LANG is SL ,  LC_* are undefined

The mintty Text settings are empty.

As mentioned, this is a fresh install and 99,9% of settings are at default.

Windows Regional settings are:
Standards and formats : Slovenian
Location: United States
Input Language/Keyborad layout: US English