Re: warning: `cygwin_conv_to_win32_path' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/sys/cygwin.h:50)

On 02/21/2010 09:36 AM, John Berlet wrote:
My compilation continues to spew out these Warning messages and I am
not sure if this caused by the fact that the sqlite libraries are
trying to call what I believe is a
deprecated function (cygwin_conv_to_win32_path). I am running cygwin
1.7.1 and up until this point I did not have issues building from
source php 5.2.9 in cygwin. I am getting these warning messages when I
try to build php 5.3.1 as well. As far as I can tell this sqlite
method call to cygwin_conv_to_win32_path has not changed and I suspect
that if I went back and tried to rebuild php 5.2.9 with my current
Cygwin environment I would get these warning messages too.

Question - is this really an issue that would prevent me building
current or subsequent versions of php?
Question - Is there a potential workaround to this other than
downgrading my Cygwin install?

You should switch-over any use of cygwin_to_win32_path() to cygwin_conv_path(). This new API is documented in the API documentation along with other Cygwin-specific APIs. Take a look:

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-api/cygwin-api.html>

Holliston, MA 01746